Monday, March 21, 2011

He's Here

Well...I started this blog in January to help me put my head around everything that is about to happen and change in our life...I thought that bed rest was going to do me in...so I had to get my thoughts down. Now Fletcher James has arrived healthy and strong. When I look back I can't help but thank God that he has given us a healthy baby boy. He arrived just a few weeks early instead of two months early. He really is a good baby. We are counting our blessings everyday.

With that said...this is one of the hardest things we have ever done. Not to say we don't absoultley love our little man and think he is perfect...but I don't think new parents have any idea about how much their life will change. I worry about how much he is eating and sleeping. I would love for more sleep at night..but when he sleeps longer I wonder if something is wrong. My body is not completley healed from the C-Section...so I tell myself all the time it will be easier when you are 100%. I'm sure it will be...but I know the worry will never stop.  It is this on going process that I guess will be continuing the rest of our life. :) God is teaching us so much about loving Him and trusting in His knowledge and will.  My sister painted a great verse we have hung above his crib....Jeremiah 29:11...I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

I almost feel that verse has become cliche because it is used so often, but when I read it in the light of raising our little guy...I'm so thankful that God knows...because I'm at a loss. I have no idea what the future holds, and that scares me to death. I love having things planned out and figured out ahead of time. But as I have spent a week and a half  with my son; I'm learning that I have nothing figured out and that can drive me insane. Until I think about Jeremiah 29:11. I don't have to know...I just have to trust. It is amazing how much a week old newborn can teach you...but he is blowing me away!!!

I'm so thankful for the support of my wonderful husband and family. I don't know where I would be without them. They have done little things...like vaccuming my house that have helped to keep me from going crazy. David and I look forward to the first time he smiles at us or can give us a hug back. I'm sure there is nothing better.





1 comment:

  1. He is precious...and so are you!!! It will be so much fun to watch as you fall in love with your little guy! Praying for you and David, as you recoup, and begin the most wonderful journey of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete