Sunday, June 12, 2011

What are you doing this summer?

The first question most people ask this time of year is "What are you doing this summer?" My response is usually about a little vacation David and I are taking or how I'm catching up on all the "stuff" I didn't accomplish during the school year. I usually have a project for the house or make myself plant some flowers (that usually die a week later.) I spend some time in the gym and a little time laying by the pool catching up on some reading I didn't have time for. This summer is a little bit different. I am spending it with a little boy. So when people ask what I'm doing...here you go...

1. Learning how to nap in a crib. :) He does great at night...but naps are a differnt story. (I guess I shouldn't complain much because he sleeps at night. :) Most of the time anyway)
2. Trying some rice cereal. I hear this will eventually lead to a more sophisticated palette. :)
3.  Those trips we make to the pool will be much shorter than I'm used to and I learned today are followed by a soggy poopy diaper. :)
4. I'm learning how to occupy a baby in a grocery store, shopping mall, or sing loudly enough it will confuse him into stop crying in the car.


My summers until this point have been catching up on relaxing and keeping my house much cleaner than during the school year. But...there is not much relaxing with an infant and my house definitely is not cleaner and projects have gone out the window :) But we are having fun.

Here is a glimps into some of our summer fun so far..


Loves Bath time

 Sometimes we bounce for ever just to get a smile.


Watching the Mavs before bed

Thinks the pool is okay

.

No comments:

Post a Comment