Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm a blogger

So...I always thought I'll never blog. Nobody cares enough to read what is happening in my life or head. Then I was put on bed rest. I've gone a little crazy the past couple of weeks and thought...well people still probably don't care what is going on in my life or head, but I may need this little blog to get some things off my chest. I know a few people want to know...and it can be good medicine for me in the mean time. So instead of my journal...I will blog. :) Here we go:

I took a little tumble at my soccer tournament in Dallas on January 21. I was coaching or rather driving the bus and hauling girls around (not playing :) There were wonderful soccer moms who took great care of me and sat with me in the hospital while I was given medication to stop contractions I was having because of the fall. David came and picked me up and we headed home. I rested all weekend and felt a little funny, but I thought I was just sore from the fall. I really didn't do much at all. So school as normal on Monday, and then something was weird again. I called my doctor that morning and told her what I was feeling, and she met me at the hospital. They were calling it pre-term labor and started hooking me up to IVs almost immediately to stop contractions.  Everyone couldn't believe I drove myself to the hospital...I'm an idiot I know but I didn't know what was happening. I had no idea that my contractions were three minutes apart. I thought I was being a baby really. I got out on Thursday (Jan. 27) and was happy to be at home  rather than sitting in the hospital.

I've gone through several different emotions. I've been mad at myself, because I have overwhelming feelings that it is my fault. I've been relived and thankful that our baby boy has been healthy this entire time; he has just tried to come early. I've been angry with myself again. God and I even had it out in the hospital one night when I was confused and emotional all wrapped into one. In the midst of all this, I was reminded that it sucks...yes and it is okay to acknowledge that...but look at everything we have to be thankful for.

1. He is healthy
2. I have the most wonderful husband and family who have done so much for me.
3. I am surrounded by great friends and coworkers who have been praying for us and will help at the drop of the hat.
4. Did I mention our little boy is healthy.

There are people that are going through so much more than we are, and we should be grateful for what we have. If you know me...I'm a person that wants answers and solutions. If I don't have them I will figure out a way to get them. Well...this one may not be that easy. It is a waiting game, and I know God is going to teach me so much through this. Some things can't be explained, and I'm learning that is okay. It's not always my job to figure out the answers anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you started this blog! I've always said, "we plan, and God laughs"! I have to remind myself of that constantly! Glad everyone is doing well. We haven't had to help you too much this week at school! Take care!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete