Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Looking Good

Well...things are looking good. Fletcher is still cooking and I'm the same. The doctor told me on Monday that I could start trying a little more around the house. So...I did some laundry and made some pancakes for dinner last night. :) I had to sit down pretty often, but it got done. I go back to the doctor on Monday (the 21st)  and if things are the same I may be able to go back to work on Tuesday. That will put us at the 34 week mark. He is still healthy and growing, so if he comes...he comes. :)I am a little nervous about going back to work, but I know I'll have tons of support. My students are going to be pretty surprised about how big my stomach has gotten over the last four weeks. I mean think about how traumatizing it could be for a freshmen boy if his teacher's water breaks in class. :) But...at least he may have a cool story to tell his friends. Let's pray no one has to experience that.

Thanks to the help of my mom, dad, sister, and brother in law...our crib is up, furniture is arranged somewhat, and the walls are painted. That is all we really need to bring him home, right? We can make it cute later. :) We will be working on it a little bit at a time. I still can't do much for very long so it may be a slow process. (or I'll just watch other people do it for me) Thanks to my grandmother, Aunt, and Uncle we have a pack and play and car seat if all else fails. :)

I'm getting more excited everyday to meet our little boy. David and I were talking the other night about some things we want to teach our son. After David got through his usual sarcasm and ridiculous statements. (If you know him at all you know what I'm talking about). He said if I could leave him with anything it would be that God is love and treat people like they are more important than you are. These are such simple things that I don't always do a good job of. I'm so thankful I have a husband that chooses to not only teach these things but try everyday to live these things. We fail...yes...but having this baby has made us more aware of our attitude about the simple and complicated things in life. We have great examples in our family to follow, and hopefully we can do the same thing for our little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment