Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We will get to meet our son.

Well...We are a week closer to meeting our Fletcher James Hunt, and we still want him to just hang out a few more weeks. I've been overwhelmed by the help of my husband and family in this entire process. I mean I knew I had a great family, and that I married well. But, they have been such a blessing in taking me to appointments, making sure I don't go crazy, and keeping my stress level down. Probably because they know how much I stress about little things. :) I don't know what I would do without them right now.

Just to prove how great David has been, I have been keeping a picture diary of all the yummy food he has been cooking me. He likes to cook, so that helps, but check out these yummy dishes.





 This isn't even all of them. Just the pictures I have. :)

Miranda has been busy picking out stuff for our nursery. I'm so glad she has good taste. Even if I wasn't on bed rest...I probably wouldn't be much help. :) She is much better at that than I am.

I went to the doctor this afternoon and things are the same.  Still contracting, but I haven't dilated any more and that is a good thing. We are really going to reevaluate everything next week and see what she thinks I can do???? Maybe the same, but I hope not.

I've become very aware about how God is teaching me to be patient and not to want things in this world. I was so worried that our baby might not come home to a cute nursery or clean house, and all this time God was teaching me it doesn't matter. He may not have the perfect "facebook picture" worthy room by the time he gets here, but it doesn't matter. He has a place to sleep and lots of love.

I love what David told me the other night. He said when I was in the hospital and we really didn't know what was going to happen that he had this overwhelming feeling that everything was going to be okay. He told me it doesn't matter. He just wanted to meet his son. And when I stress out I remind myself of that. David is so right....it doesn't matter...I will get to meet my son. :) That's pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder, Maggie. Thank you for sharing your blog.

    ReplyDelete